Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Couch to 5K

  Okay so I am taking another page from my friend Mallory's book and have started to attempt the couch to 5k program. I downloaded the app on my Iphone for .99 it really helps me since I need someone guiding me or I will just throw in the towel. Basically it tells you when to jog then when to walk and it can also GPS you which is how you know how long your mile is. Today was my second workout and lets see..well...someone please tell me this gets easier!! How can running be this hard, when so many people do it on a daily basis, and this is only my second day? If you are not familiar with the couch to 5k, in the first 3 days you literally only jog like 3-4 minutes,the rest is walking, you are supposed to work your way up to jogging a 5k (3. something miles in 9 weeks). Already my time is longer than the first day and my shins still hurt (I think I need better sneakers, but still!) However I will say this program can't be a total bust because soo many people do it including my friend Mal who is NOW training for the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon or marathon? I can't remember. Anyway so awesome and so excited for her, maybe one day I will be signing up with her (Hey, I wanna run with Minnie too!!).
   My plan is to be active 6 days a week. 3 Running, 3 in the gym or at Zumba or both, 1 day to think about how active I am being:) In my head right now this sounds like an awesome plan and I could probably add gym to one of the running days also if I really wanna get crazy. I know I can do this right now but we will see what happens when I go back to school in March, but then again they have a swimming pool. I'd love to take up swimming!! So that's all for now ... Today I am going to attempt to make these low cal pumpkin cupcakes from skinnytaste.com with the leftover pumpkin I had frozen from the holidays. Pumpkin is really hot right now, I have found so many articles about how great it is for not only your body but for your skin!! In women's health I found a pumpkin and honey face mask that reduces redness!! Who doesn't love a mask you can eat!?!?  I'd love to hear some of your favorite low cal recipes, and/or sites...

1 comments:

mallory said...

I love it! Shoes make a huge difference, go to a running store to have them tell you what you need. They're expensive but I would take their advice and try to find it online for cheaper. It really does get easier too. I wanted to die those first few weeks, but it's a great system and you can do it!!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com