Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm sorry does that make you un-comfortable?

 Okay so lately I have noticed when talking to people regarding weight (no I don't mean that I'm like "hey so about YOUR weight") I mean I am just talking in general about my own weight saying something like "yeah I am too heavy for that" or "yeah I've gained so much weight since then" or whatever. People get really un-comfortable, you would think I started talking about my sex life or something. They automatically feel like they have to deny the fact I am heavy or say "No you're not" or give me a look like "you're crazy". I mean yes I may be a bit hard on myself as I will continue to be until I lose the weight, but I am very aware of the number on my scale as well as the comparison of your skinny ass to mine. So it is now clear to me since the last few encounters regarding weight that starting this blog was an excellent idea. Now I can talk about weight all I want and not have to get a weird look like I'm weird talking about weight, or maybe it is weird I don't know. Or maybe it's just me insecure about it so I feel like I have to let people know I know that I am heavy, but what am I ? a psychiatrist...nope. So for now I will keep the weight talk to the blog.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I am going to talk to you like I have to M & J....losing weight is hard no matter when you try....however, the older you get, the harder it gets. Don't make the mistakes I've made and wait until your only option is WLS! Weight comes off more easily in your 20's and gets harder and harder in your 30's & 40's. When I was younger, I could lose the weight easy but keeping it off was my problem. Lose, gain it back. This cycle continued until I couldn't lose anymore and I resorted to WLS. While I am over the moon happy that I've lost over 90 lbs in 2 years and I'm at a weight that I havent been at since my TEENS!, my work is ongoing as its up to me to maintain. I have promised myself that I will never disrespect my health and body like I did. For me, exercise is the key. It is a very necessary EVIL!

You can do this...you are young and healthy. Blog as much as you want...it really does help. Also, go check out my dear friend Allan, http://almostgastricbypass2.blogspot.com/2012/01/day-36-saturday-jan-28-2012.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AlmostGastricBypass+%28Almost+Gastric+Bypass%29 . He is hard-core about losing but he makes a lot of sense. If you comment, make sure he knows you are with me! He can get a little rough but he loves me so he will be gentle with you!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Yup - talk away...we love that subject around here.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com