Thursday, May 17, 2012

Results!

So what's it been like 2 months?!?! yikes!! I am a real blog-slacker. Honestly the thing is I don't like writing unless I have something good to say or a point I want to make, but that's not really the point is it? Well It is what it is I guess, I write when I feel like it. 
 So even though I haven't written doesn't mean I am not focused on my weight loss goals. I am actually more focused than ever since I took a job as a camp counselor. The job actually has a requirement written into the contract that I need to wear a bathing suit when the kids have swim time. If those words "required to wear a bathing suit" don't kick you into high gear I don't know what will. So I resorted to the 17 day diet which is really just a scripted out plan that eliminates carbs almost completely and then integrates them slowly in four cycles of 17 days. Of course this is also in addition to exercise. I like this diet because it gives you a plan to start over after you've been eating like food is being discontinued. Obviously the best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle completely but sometimes you really need to see results as quickly as possible in order to keep going and this gives me that satisfaction. It also doesn't hurt that the summer clothes that were tight on me last year are now loose on me. I truly feel the key to keep going is not only feeling better but seeing the results, whether it's on the scale or in your clothes. Seeing results in weight loss is exactly like getting good grades, If you do the work and study (as I have learned) you will get A's...If you follow a healthy diet and exercise, you will lose the weight. I am looking forward to fitting into even more jeans that I have been saving just knowing I will once again fit into them. I am hoping this time next year this isn't even an issue and I am wearing all of those jeans I have been saving. Hopefully this action packed summer will kickstart me into gear...

1 comments:

mallory said...

Hey girl heeyyyy! I wouldn't even care of the scale showed a 10 lb gain if some old jeans fit!! It's the best motivation.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com