Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Summer!!

  It's officially summer!! (For like two days now actually, I think) Summer means so many things. Beach. Food. Tanning. Food. BBQ's. Food. Swimming. Food. Oh and did I say food?!?!? which can be a challenge but... The best thing about all this food happening is that there are a lot more healthier options frequently available. Grilled chicken, fruit salads, fresh produce, fresh berries, watermelon!!. Not that you can't have these things when it's not summer but it is certainly more fun to have these things during summer! I personally have a few goals for the summer and they include more than weight loss. 
1. Lose 20 pounds (too much? probably but aim high right?!?) 
2. Read the entire Harry Potter series 
3. Learn to play my Ukulele
I enjoy doing lists such as these so that hopefully I can check at least one (or hopefully all) off at the end of the summer. I have a few things working in my favor. For one, I am working at a camp allll summer with wee little pre-schoolers so I am sure they will keep me running around. Also my husband is not going to be with me all summer, this is a good and bad thing. Good because I can control more of what I am eating and bad because I will miss him!! Andd I am doing a children's theatre show. So in addition to running around at camp all day, I am singing and dancing my nights and weekends away! Now, since I am working at a camp I have lot's of other hours available to read my Harry Potter series, providing I read at a nice pace. (there's one check :)) Finally the Uke welll...let's say this is the one I am least confident about. It's supposed to be super easy to learn, but If you have never played an instrument it is sooo not! So we will see about that one. But I have a month worth of foot rubs from my husband riding on that one so I have extra motivation!! haha It seems I have my summer cut out for me. So I will be eating fresh, reading fast, and watching youtube tutorials. I hope all of you out there check some things off your lists this summer as well. Happy Summer!!

1 comments:

Jacquie said...

You forgot to mention the famous Long Island Corn! I miss that so much once July comes around! Hopefully I'll see you when I come up in July!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com